Shop Spotlight - Wollhaus March 28, 2017 18:46
Shop Spotlight - Wollhaus
Join us for our First LA Yarn Crawl! – Under new ownership, we are
located at the former Abuelita’s Knitting and Needlepoint.
We are passionate about selecting fine yarn and tools for our customers and
celebrate with the following events. Let’s have fun!
Two Trunk Shows:
• Brooklyn Tweed - 100% American yarn - designing, sourcing, dyeing and spinning our yarns within the USA. A design team committed to producing high-quality, sophisticated knitwear patterns for the modern hand knitter.
• Knit Collage – Vibrant handspun yarn that reflects a happy approach to the world. Bits of ribbons, sequins, or flower appliqués are spun together with brightly colored wool, mohair and glittering Angelina fibers. Come see the new Wildflower Yarn and designs.
Brooklyn Tweed Yarn Tasting Each Day: Wollhaus is the only shop in Southern California carrying Brooklyn Tweed Yarn. Come try Loft, Arbor, and Shelter and see the samples. Learn about the difference in woolen spun and worsted spun yarns.
Two New Designs
• Knit Shawl design using Madelinetosh Pashmina (10% off yarn).
• Crochet Cowl design using Malabrigo Rasta (10% off yarn).
Two Special Colorways by The Flying Kettle:
• Wollhaus Signature Color
• Limited Edition LA Yarn Crawl color
Extensive samples using the shop yarns. Kits assembled for popular designs.
Store hours: Thursday through Saturday: 10 – 8, Sunday: 10 – 6
We are located in the Arcade Lane across from Vroman’s Bookstore. We validate parking for an hour in the Arcade Lane Parking Lot accessed off Green Street.
Where to park:
Parking lot on the corner of Green St. and El Molino, 1 hour free with validation. Free 1 hour parking on Colorado Blvd, and Green St. Call us at 626-799-0355 if you have any trouble!
Wollhaus was founded in Fall of 2016 by Kathi and Ulli with a vision to build a community around creativity and thoughtfully selected yarns, tools and workshops. We are honored to carry Brooklyn Tweed, Woolfolk, Blue Sky Fibers, Madelinetosh, Knit Collage, Malabrigo, Juniper Moon, The Flying Kettle, Amirisu, Pompom Quarterly, and many others.
Where to eat:
El Portal - in Arcade Lane
Yahaira's Cafe - next door
Takuya Japanese Restaurant - across the Lane
Tender Greens - one block away
Blaze Pizza - across the street
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Wollhaus-Artisan-Yarn-Tools-101703707839
Follow @woll.haus on Instagram